Monday, August 18, 2008

Ice Cube | Raw Footage

I've been super curious to hear Ice Cube's new album Raw Footage for a while now & finally sampled some tracks from it today. It definitely has that old west coast gangsta rap sound that has been missing for so long. It's nice to hear a rap album that's not filled with words & expressions that I have to look up on urbandictionary.com (although I do not know the answer to "What Is a Pyroclastic Flow?"). The album comes out tomorrow, August 19th & I just decided that I have to buy it because it's only $9.99 at Amazon.

There's some shit talking the end of "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" & it's kind of funny coming from the same guy that was in Are We There Yet? & the sequel Are We Done Yet? I wonder if there are kids out there that only know of Ice Cube from Are We There Yet? & have no idea that he's a pioneer of gangsta rap & uses the N word frequently.

No comments: